Business FAQs Print Article Font Size

1. Do I need to have a business license to operate a concession?

Yes, every business that operates within the boundaries of Golden requires a business license. This includes businesses that come to Golden to put on special events once a year.

2. Who can I contact for information on starting a business?

Town staff can assist you with obtaining a business license and provide you with information on our Town bylaws.

3. Is there a listing of all businesses that already exist in Golden?

The Golden Chamber of Commerce or the Golden Tourism office could provide you with a list of businesses in the Golden area.

4. Where can I find information on Community Trends?

The Annual Community Report Card published by Golden Area Initiatives monitors and evaluates trends developing in Golden and focuses on demographic, economic, social, cultural and environmental indicators.

View the Annual Community Report Card (PDF)

5. Do I need a SOCAN license if I use live or recorded music in my business?

If you use music, live or recorded, in your business or for your event please go to for licensing information as it is Federal Copyright Law.

For more information please feel free to Contact Us.