The Town of Golden has an immediate opportunity for a Facilities Operator to join our Public Works team, succeeding one of our long term employees now deserving of a new life in retirement. Our Facilities Operator is a unique position in the organization, ensuring the functionality and safety of a variety of municipal amenities, buildings, and venues.
Some of the primary responsibilities include:
• Designing and implementing construction and carpentry projects, and concrete works;
• Regular inspection, reporting, repair, maintenance, and supply to town facilities, buildings, sidewalks, and outdoor equipment in matters concerning public safety, occupational health, mechanical and service needs, and other corporate initiatives, including indoor and outdoor lighting and signs;
• Operation of the lift/bucket truck for installation and maintenance needs;
• Multi-season operation of the Holder narrow-track vehicle (or equivalent) using all attachments; and,
• Design, installation, repair, and maintenance of indoor and outdoor furniture, signs, chattels, fixtures, and other implements.
We are looking for a high energy, highly productive key employee, able to comfortably work independently and competently in an environment that is often multi-tasked and varied.
Any potential candidate must have a minimum of:
• 450 credit hours (year 2) of the BC Industry Training Authority’s Carpentry Apprenticeship Program or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
• Possession of a Level 1 First Aid Certificate;
• Valid British Columbia Class 5 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English and deal courteously, tactfully and diplomatically with supervisors, coworkers and the public; and,
• The physical ability to carry out assigned duties in all types of weather.
We need someone who is a competent carpenter, good at framing and pouring concrete, has some basic education and skill credentials, a good and communicative attitude, and can get things done. We are a public service delivery organization and we require no less than someone with strong ethics and a positive attitude for working in our environment.
This position is within the CUPE Local 2309 bargaining unit and comes with a very competitive wage and benefits package. Please review the job description by clicking HERE, and check out the posting on our Facebook page.
Applications may be delivered by post, fax, hand, or electronically, and will be received until 2:00 pm (Mountain Time) Friday, November 18th, 2016 by:
Chris Cochran, Manager of Operations
Town Hall – 810 9th Avenue South, P.O. Box 350, Golden, BC V0A 1H0,
Fax: (250) 344-6577, E-mail: email@example.com
Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
We reserve the right to collect both direct and indirect information about any applicant selected for an interview.