The Town of Golden is committed to the ongoing inventory, analysis, and prioritization of core infrastructure renewals. This includes upgrades and improvements for roads and deep utilities; buildings and the systems associated with them.
6th Street North - 2023 Construction Updates
March 28, 2023
Work is about to start on the Downtown Street Renewal project on 6th Street North between Ford and the Downtown Auto Wash.
This work will require 6th St. N to be closed between 8th and 9th Avenues North to vehicular traffic while water and storm infrastructure are installed, and a new road structure is replaced. Detours and traffic control will be in place during construction. The contractor will be responsible for making sure local business and emergency vehicle access remains open during construction. Once construction starts, residents and businesses can expect heavy construction traffic, noise, vibration and dust in the area during regular business hours Monday through Saturday.
Don’t forget to adhere to all signage to help crews get their jobs done safely and effectively.
This project continues the work to renew streets in the downtown core. This work will include upgrades and improvements for roads and deep utilities, with new surfaces and landscaping.
9th Avenue North - Completed in 2022
The Downtown Street Renewal project on the 600 block of 9th Avenue North was one of the top infrastructure replacement priorities according to our 2019 Infrastructure Replacement Priority Plan.
In 2021 we asked our approximately 3,700 citizens for permission to borrow $5M for the replacement of deep utilities, road structure, surface, and streetscape renewal for two downtown streets which they overwhelmingly did. Work on 9th Street North between IGA and Ford was completed in 2022.
The project includes the following components:
- Replacement and upsizing of the existing 200mm AC water main to 250mm PVC pipe;
- Replacement of the existing 200mm AC sewer main with 200mm PVC pipe;
- Replacement of existing water and sewer services to property line;
- Servicing of vacant properties to property line;
- Replacement and enhancement of existing stormworks;
- Deep replacement of road structure;
- New road surface, curbing, sidewalks;
- New street lighting and final landscaping; and
- Sidewalk, curbing and street lighting on 7th Street North.