The Town of Golden needs an Equipment Operator – one of our key public works positions that keeps our community clean, safe, cleared, and serviced using a variety of heavy and light mobile equipment from backhoes to loaders; plough and dump trucks to graders. Other associated duties appropriate to the season will apply as well.
To be considered, as a minimum you must:
- Possess a current British Columbia class 3 Driver’s License with an air brakes endorsement;
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English and deal courteously, tactfully and diplomatically with supervisors, coworkers and the public;
- Have a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
- Have the physical ability to carry out assigned duties in all types of weather;
- Be able to suitably prove to us that you have at least 90 days experience operating mobile equipment such as rubber-mounted loaders and plough trucks, and at least 100 hours of training on this equipment; and,
- Be experienced in the safe operation of portable equipment such as generators and pumps.
We would also prefer that you have:
- Possession of a Level 1 first aid certificate;
- Familiarity with irrigation systems;
- The ability to perform basic landscaping maintenance;
- Familiarity with asphalt repairs and techniques;
- The ability to install and repair traffic signs;
- The ability and skills to operate a computer system utilizing Microsoft office;
- Possession of a valid pesticide applicators license;
- Certification as a qualified faller; and,
- The ability to train as a standby operator for water and wastewater systems.
This is a position within the CUPE Local 2309 bargaining unit with a starting wage of $32.86/hour and an excellent benefits package accessible after a successful three month probationary period.
How to Apply:
Applications may be delivered by post, hand, or electronically, and will be received until 2:00 pm (Mountain Time) Thursday, June 30, 2022:
Chris Cochran, Manager of Operations
Town Hall – 810 9th Avenue South, P.O. Box 350, Golden, BC V0A 1H0,
Fax: (250) 344-6577
Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
We reserve the right to collect both direct and indirect information about any applicant selected for an interview.