Cookies are small files saved on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Ensure that interactive content, live chat, forms, reminders, and other services work properly
- Collect information about your visit to measure how people use our website, which in turn helps us improve your experience on the website
- Store your preferences for when you visit later
Information we collect
Our cookies collect:
- Your device's IP address (a number that identifies your device when you access the Internet)
- Your device’s web browser and operating system
- The date and time you visit our website
- The webpages you access, the order and duration you view them, and the items on each that you interact with
- The first and last webpage you access during your visit to our website
Our cookies don’t:
- Collect or share your personal information
- Install anything on your device
You can block cookies in most browsers, but our website and its services may not work properly if you do that. Learn how to block cookies.
You can opt-out of us collecting this anonymous information. Install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
The Town of Golden does not automatically collect any personal information such as your name, phone number, address, or email address as you navigate this site. The only personal information that is collected is what you supply voluntarily when completing an online form such as "Contact Us," "Bylaw Complaint," “Temporary Licence of Occupation, “Delegation Request.” Information collected in this manner will only be used for the purpose for which it is collected.
Any personal information you provide to us is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA).
If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or about FOIPPA as it pertains to the Town of Golden, please contact the Corporate Services Department.