General municipal elections are held every four years on the third Saturday in October throughout British Columbia.
2022 Golden General Election:
Saturday, October 15, 2022
You will vote on:
- One Mayor and six Councillors to Town Council
- One referendum question posed by the Columbia Shuswap Regional District on borrowing funds to construct an indoor aquatic centre.
Three school trustees for School District No. 6 were elected by acclamation: Scott King, Jane Fearing and Rhonda (Hamilton) Smith.
2022 Key Dates:
- August 2022: Nomination packages are now available for pickup starting at Town Hall from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- August 30 - September 9, 2022: Nomination Period
The nomination period begins at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, August 30 and ends at 4 p.m. on Friday, September 9.
- September 28, 2022: Kicking Horse Chamber of Commerce All Candidates Forum
- October 5, 2022: Advanced voting
- October 15, 2022: Voting day
- October 18, 2022: Declaration of official results
- November 1, 2022: Inaugural Council Meeting
2022 Official Election Results
You can vote in a civic election in Golden if you are a resident of Golden or own property in Golden, even if you don't currently reside in town. Learn more below about the criteria you are required to meet to be eligible to vote in the Golden election.
Learn more below about criteria, nomination packages, rules, key dates and resources to run in the Golden election.
The Mayor's remuneration is approximately $29,000 per year and a member of Council's remuneration is approximately $16,000 per year.
Term of Office
If you are elected to office, you are expected to serve a full four year term. This term officially begins on November 1, 2022.
250-387-5305 or 1-855-952-0280
Town of Golden
Alysha Saville, Chief Election Officer
250-344-2271 ext. 235
Carrie White, Deputy Election Officer
250-344-2271 ext. 224
Past Election Results
Town of Golden 2018 Election Results
Town of Golden Bylaws
- Election Procedure Bylaw
- Town of Golden Election Sign Information
- Council Procedure Bylaw
Disclaimer: Information on the Town of Golden election webpage is provided for ease of reference. It is not intended to provide complete and/or comprehensive election information and is not a substitution for the rules and regulations regarding general local elections in the Local Government Act, Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, or any other applicable statute.