Permjit Soomal of Veera Developments Inc. owner of 1200 11 Ave N. has applied to:
- Amend the Official Community Plan Land Use Designation Map to redesignate from Industrial to Creative Residential.
- Rezone from M2 – Light Industrial to R4 – High Density Residential.
In order to construct on the subject property a four storey, 16 unit multi-family building with a 2 unit staff housing component.
The zoning amendment bylaw will also increase the principal building height from 12m to 16m for all R4 zoned properties with a four storey restriction.
How can I find out more:
Background information and details are available by clicking here (this excludes any correspondence received, see below for Public Hearing submissions), or may be viewed at Town Hall from Thursday, January 14, 2021 to Tuesday, February 2, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Town Hall may be closed to the public, have visitation limits, or reduced hours and therefore copies of the background material will be provided next to the bulletin board adjacent to the entrance of Council Chambers at Town Hall (810 9th Ave S.). The entrance to Council Chambers is located adjacent to Park Drive (across from Element Therapeutics).
For more information, contact Phil Armstrong, Manager of Development Services/Planner at 250.344.2271 ext. 240 or email@example.com.
How can I give feedback?
Anyone who considers themselves affected by the proposed application and wishes to register an opinion may do so by:
By forwarding written submissions for Council consideration (attention of the Manager of Legislative Services) by:
- Dropping it off at the Town Hall mail slot.
- By post (P.O. Box 350, Golden B.C. V0A 1H0).
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org (only emails sent to this email will form part of the Council Agenda).
Any submissions must be received by 12 pm. (noon) on Thursday, January 28, 2021.
Virtual Public Hearing:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the current restrictions in British Columbia, members of the public are not permitted to attend Council meetings or Public Hearings in person. As a result, Council meetings and Public Hearings are now being held electronically using Zoom.
Joining the virtual Public Hearing
To attend the Public Hearing virtually by Zoom webinar:
- Click the meeting link below to join the virtual Public Hearing on February 2 at 7 p.m. Note that the Public Hearing will start following a recess of the Regular Council Meeting.
- Link to join meeting: https://zoom.us/j/99030675368
Webinar ID: 990 3067 5368
- Follow the prompts to download and run Zoom. If required, enter the webinar ID, then click "join the webinar."
- Register with your first and last name.
- When you connect, your microphone will be muted.
If you require assistance in learning how to use Zoom, visit their support page at support.zoom.us.
Speaking at the Public Hearing
Once Mayor Oszust has announced that the Public Hearing is open for public input, please do the following:
- Click the “Raise Hand” icon in the webinar controls. This will notify staff that you have raised your hand and would like to speak.
- When it is your turn to speak, staff will unmute your microphone. Click accept to unmute your microphone. You will not be able to share your video.
- State your name, address, and provide your input and if you are supportive or opposed.
- You will have up to five minutes to speak.
- After all speakers have been heard, the Mayor will call for any additional speakers. If you wish to speak for a second time, please click "raise hand" icon again and wait for staff to unmute your microphone again.
Public Hearing Submissions
Written submissions recieved in advance of the Public Hearing will be updated periodically and provided below: