The owner of 1215 13th Street South has applied for a rezoning to allow for the conversion of an existing Duplex into a Multiple Dwelling of up to Four Units (the intent is to convert the existing building into a Triplex). The purpose of the Town of Golden Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1481, 2023 – Desjardins is to rezone the subject property from Twin Residential – R2 to Multi-Flex Residential – R3.
How can I find out more?
View the Desjardins Rezoning Staff Report for background information and details (this excludes any correspondence received, see below for Public Hearing submissions).
Background materials are also available at Town Hall from Thursday, May 18, 2023 to Tuesday, June 6, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding statutory holidays.
For more information, contact Colin MacPhee, Planning and Development Technician at 250.344.2271 ext. 240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I give feedback?
Anyone who considers themselves affected by the proposed application and wishes to register an opinion may do so by:
By forwarding written submissions for Council consideration (attention of the Corporate Officer) by:
- Dropping it off at the Town Hall mail slot.
- By post (P.O. Box 350, Golden B.C. V0A 1H0).
- By email to email@example.com (only emails sent to this email will form part of the Council Agenda).
Any submissions must be received by 9 a.m. on Thursday, June 1, 2023.
Attend the Public Hearing:
Residents can attend the public hearing in person in Council Chambers or virtually by Zoom webinar on Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 7 p.m.
Joining the virtual Public Hearing
To attend the Public Hearing virtually by Zoom webinar:
- Click the meeting link below to join the virtual Public Hearing on June 6 at 7 p.m. Note that the Public Hearing will start following a recess of the Regular Council Meeting.
- Link to join meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/99030675368
- Follow the prompts to download and run Zoom. If required, enter the webinar ID, then click "join the webinar."
- Register with your first and last name.
- When you connect, your microphone will be muted.
If you require assistance in learning how to use Zoom, visit their support page at support.zoom.us.
Speaking at the Public Hearing
Once Mayor Oszust has announced that the Public Hearing is open for public input, please do the following:
- Click the “Raise Hand” icon in the webinar controls. This will notify staff that you have raised your hand and would like to speak.
- When it is your turn to speak, staff will unmute your microphone. Click accept to unmute your microphone. You will not be able to share your video.
- State your name, address, and provide your input and if you are supportive or opposed.
- You will have up to five minutes to speak.
- After all speakers have been heard, the Mayor will call for any additional speakers. If you wish to speak for a second time, please click "raise hand" icon again and wait for staff to unmute your microphone again.